Typical Mexico


Today I spent three hours trying to send a piece of paper in the mail. Oh Mexico, how I love your little quirks, and perfect street numbers, and nice neighborly direction givers. I ventured out in search of a UPS where I was going to send a travel voucher to United Airlines so I could get a discount airplane ticket. YEP!! NYC I'm coming to visit you, its been too long. Finally, after an hour of walking around large busy streets and asking 10 people where is the UPS, I found it! I waited in line. I got to the front. They told me they don't mail to P.O. Boxes, and neither does DHL or FedEx. Awesome, thank you. Still, I decided to prepare my other little package to mail at UPS, a pack of pictures for my gorgeous abuelito to see what I am up to here in Mexico. That will be $30 please. Um, No. I don't think so. I already spent like a dollar printing each picture at office max, so I decided to go on another adventure. I was searching for the Mexican post office. I couldn't just grab a cab off the street, because that is not safe. And I had 2 hours before they closed. Long story short, I found it, had more wonderful complications inside, but I sent both my letters!! I will have a cheap flight to the NY and a very happy grandpa. After my semi-frustrating afternoon I decided to go to the mall and buy MAC lipgloss. I don't really wear make up, but I saw this girl at a party the other night and oh my god, I wanted to kiss her lips. I made Antonio (my good friend slash kind of roommate) ask her where she got her lipstick. Funny, she thought he wanted to sleep with her. Thanks tonito!! I discovered it was called MAC brillo and I bought it today. MX, await some sexy lips. How ridiculous is this blog entry. Whatever, I'm going to keep going. Then I went shopping for a dress. There is a fabulous party coming up on Dec the 12th in the north of Mexico, in a place called Veracruz. It is the 75th celebration of Antonio's amazing father and it is going to be a night to remember. I didn't find a dress, but I found sliced turkey and wheat bread in the grocery store, right before I took a taxi home and made me a sandwich. Yum. Then I was up for my second adventure of the day- HOME DEPOT. I looked up the address and phone number online, drew myself a map to show to the taxi driver, and went to get a cab. Finally! A driver who knew where something was, just by address and without 8 clues from my internet research. We arrived at 71 Tuxpan to find NO HOME DEPOT. I passed my iphone to the cab driver so he could talk to the home depot man and find out where they were located. Turns out there is no home depot close by and it would cost about $40 to take a cab there. Awesome. I went home in defeat and couldn't continue with my candle sculpture. So, I sucked it up and I said, I can paint without furthering my sculpture! I painted for two hours. Here: I know its a bad picture, its on the floor, but at least its something. Its probably going to change a million times anyways.



MY STUDIO:


Now, after a few hours of painting and eating turkey sandwiches, I am sitting on the couch blogging and about to start the Big Lebowski. I was supposed to go to spinning class this evening, but due to my jam packed day of really not a lot, I decided tomorrow is another great day for spinning. Also, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow because I think I have a stomach infection. Also, Tonio is taking me to home depot! Such a good friend. Such a good tuesday ahead, i hope.


Goodnight and love,
Danielle

Popular Posts