Soccer Game, Wax, Casa

I've decided I want to write more. More of what I've been up to from day to day, experience to experience. Yesterday I went to a soccer game. It was PUMAS vs. Americas, two very rival Mexico City teams. Let me give you a taste of a soccer game in Mexico. Tons of LOUD people, lots of beer and snacks, and soccer. A kid sitting behind us yesterday was from the other team, wearing a hat of the Americas. He was surrounded by his friends, all PUMAS fans, but that did not protect him. See below:



PUMAS fan lighting the kid's Americas hat on fire...after he left the stands, before he was almost beat up. Oh, and he was covered in beer by the way. Intense.

The game was awesome, so much fun, and we WON! Pumas 3-2.

Today, pretty boring, I went to the mall to buy some things for my sculpture I just started yesterday. I am making a sculpture and a painting for a group show called Who Starts the Fire, put on by Jewish Salons Mexico. It will be in PeelBox Gallery in San Miguel de Chapultepec. I'm really excited about it, I just have a lot of work ahead of me, the show is December 5th. I am doing a sculpture with wax and candles and when I was reading ArtfagCity the other day, I came across this show at a Chelsea gallery. A little relevant, visually at least. So, I'll post some pictures of the work as it takes shape...maybe...

One more thing. Mi casa. Its been a long road, and there's still work to be done. BUT! Heres what I got so far!

MY KITCHEN BEFORE:

AFTER!





MY TERRACE:



MY BATHROOM BEFORE:



AFTER!








Popular Posts