sunday silly painting.


Its sunday afternoon, sunny and beautiful in Mexico City. This morning I ate some tostadas for breakfast, followed by a long thoughtful period of rest laying horizontally in my Mexican flag colored hammock.

While I drank seltzer water and lime juice (my favorite non alcoholic beverage), I thought about nothing. Well, just about being relaxed and enjoying the beautiful day I had ahead of me. Knowing that I couldn't do that all day, I set a time limit for myself and a few minutes later, I was standing in front of my painting. After a few hours of painting and sculpting, I took a lunch break (now). I ate Campell's chile poblano soup and one quesadilla with manchego cheese, avacado and chicken. I also watched Mitch Hedberg on youtube, he is hilarious, check him out. I also got into a really silly mood and took these pictures of myself. Damn you Photo Booth...ok, I love you. Also, I had to include one photo of this CD Jock Jams, because it really brings me back. I thought maybe it might do that for you too. Anyone, anyone??



Also during my spare time, I've been listening to broadway, rufus wainwright, and designing a thanksgiving invitation for all my wonderful new Mexican friends. Thats right, I'm having an American Thanksgiving on my rooftop restaurant. Can't wait.



In the next coming days I plan to paint and sculpt for many hours a day, as many as I can make myself work. Working is hard. Tuesday my wonderful friend from Boston, Yonit, is coming to visit the DF. We are going to have an amazing time and then the week after that is the show Who Starts the Fire. Yesterday I went to visit the gallery space where the show will be taking place. It is AWESOME. I believe that it is an old warehouse, so it has a kind of industrial feel, huge cement walls, steel doors, and of course with the renovation the gallery owner is doing (its a new gallery), it looks so nice. It was still under construction, but together enough for me to imagine how the show will look. It is going to be "a night ignited by eclectic expressions." I came up with that one, ha- tagline on the advertising posters. Extraneous details, really. Point being that there are 6 artists, and it is more like an event as opposed to a conventional gallery opening. There will be a hip hop artist performing in the middle of the gallery, a huge collage on one wall, a theatre production going on on the upper floor of the gallery (continuously), a graffiti artist painting three walls in the gallery, my painting and sculpture on another wall, and a sculpture by one other artist on another. I'm really excited for December 5th. Jewish Salons is planning an incredible event, it seems.

Tomorrow I think I am going to downtown in search of a winter jacket. ITS COLD IN MEXICO CITY. Wish I knew this before I moved here and left all my Boston winter jackets in some box in some house in some city in NY. Oh well.

So, back to work.

Love,
Danielle

Popular Posts