Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

TG has been one of my favorite holidays ever since I started going to my Aunt Linda's house in Buffalo, NY to spend the holiday with my cousins. Not only is the food incredible, and the conversation great, and the house warm and cozy, but I also get to think about all the beautiful things in my life, of which there are so many. Following Greenfield tradition, we go around the table and say what we are thankful for. Cheesy, I know (although I'm sure almost every family does it), but it doesn't mean its not a reflective, fun, creative and sincere moment around the table.

This year I am spending thanksgiving in Mexico City. I am STOKED because tomorrow around 8pm arrives ~20 people who I've gotten to know over these past few months, some much better than others, but all of whom have been my friend in someway or another. For that- I am incredibly thankful. Moving to a new HUGE city is a tough thing. I could not have done it without some of these amazing people. So, I'm really happy to cook a huge dinner and have everyone on my terrace drinking their drink of choice and eating turkey, mashed potatoes, broccoli, kugel, etc etc etc... enjoying my American Thanksgiving in the DF. Not to mention, this is not only a unique TG dinner party, but also an extra special occasion because it is Pablo Gisholt's birthday, and he is my closest friend here. So, we are CELEBRATING him and all that he brings to life, everyday. He's an amazing guy.

Really looking forward to tomorrow.

After thursday/friday bonanza I have about four more days left to finish my painting and sculpture. Visit this Facebook Page to see details about the event where I will be participating with two pieces of work. I am also going to post the latest picture of my painting, just took it tonight after I finished up in the studio. It's taken with a phone so its not the best quality. ALSO! I put it in black and white, partly to leave a little to the imagination for you, and partly because I can learn from seeing how my painting reads in grayscale. And because its not done.



Finally, a great friend from Boston, Yonit, came to visit me this past week. She left on monday and was here for six days. We did lots of the same Mexico City stuff that I would show to anyone, but the most fun things (for me at least ;) were...

by far my favorite- Mama Rumba, an amazing salsa club where we danced danced danced, and was preceded by an All American BBQ dinner on my terrace, delicious cheeseburgers and fries:



and walking around La Roma- eating breakfast, seeing the beautiful neighborhood:

also another cool thing to check out is the Museo de Arte Popular, they have some amazing pieces:



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

un beso,
Danielle





Popular Posts