Friday.

Today is friday, but it could be monday for all I know.

I woke up late because I got home late. Went to karaoke last night. With a little help from my friends I sang Heal the World (jacko), Andar con migo by Julieta Venegas, and Limon y Sal, also by Julieta Venegas (I hope to expand the pool of artists I am able to choose from out of the very large karaoke song book, in spanish). At the end of the night/morning, we ate tacos at this very famous taco truck in Polanco. Yeah, it was tacos out of the back of a mini van pretty much. I think its called Mariachi Tacos. I had one taco de Bisteck, one of Pollo, and one of Papas con Queso. Plus lime, salt, salsa verde, beans. incredibly DELICIOUS. ahh, too bad I don't have pictures of the tacos...




Well, last night led me to today, during which I managed to finish season 5 of Weeds on megavideo.com...what would I do with out you? Then I cleaned my room, burned some candles onto my sculpture, went to pick up my laundry, my dress from the tailor, and I stopped by the bakery to get some chocolate cake and cookies. Then, all of the sudden it was 7 pm and I knew it was time to paint. I worked for three hours tonight, and made a little progress on my painting:


I still have a while to go on both the painting and sculpture. I can't believe I am making these works in a little under one month. They are going to be in a show called Who Starts the Fire- I think I mentioned it in an earlier post. Alan, one of the coordinators for the show, gave me stickers to put up around my neighborhood, the metro, wherever... to advertise. They are pretty cool. They are flames of important historical figures who started fires of their own:


DETAIL:


Also in this entry, I wish to include a few of my favorite things that I encounter in my daily life in Mexico.

A really fluffy, comfortable bed:
(p.s. I think I need to change the color of my blaring wall, really).




A glass milk jug with cow spots on it.
It is there everytime I open the fridge door, and it is where I keep my milk fresh:




Vanilla mini pancakes from the thursday market by my house...
dipped in vanilla agave syrup...
ohhh orgasm:


sweet friday night dreams,
danielle



Popular Posts