Tepoztlan, Mexico

I want to write more about things I do in and around the city. There is so much cool stuff to see here and I want to share it with everyone. Tepoztlan is about an hour south of Mexico City. It is a small town that has an awesome Zocalo (center) and a huge market where you can buy all the ingredients you need for the huge meal you are going to cook when you walk back to your weekend home in Tepoz, after drinking the BEST Michelada you've had in your life. Many Chilangos (people from Mexico City) have houses in Tepoztlan that are BEAUTIFUL. I've been fortunate to be able to go relax there a few weekends. My favorite one yet was New Years 2010. I had dinner with Pablo's family on New Years Eve and I took part in the many Mexican new years eve traditions, such as sweeping all the bad spirits out of your house, literally, or going and grabbing your suitcases and running down the street. I like that one...it is to bring you a year filled with adventures and travel. Here I am coming back into the gate of the house...



I want to travel all over Mexico this year. Oaxaca, Xalapa, Tulum, Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende, Torreon, San Cristobal de Las Casas are some of the places I want to go...



About an hour from Tepoztlan there is a place called Xochicalco. There are very old pyramids to hike and visit, and there is also a wonderful museum that has amazing artifacts and the building is self-sustainable which is pretty cool. We went there on New Years day for a special event where they had performances by indigenous dancers and musicians and also a night illumination of the pyramids. It was beautiful. Here are a few pictures from our day trip.





Love,
Danielle




Popular Posts