Moishe House Mexico City



My uncle sent me a JTA News article about the Jewish Community in Mexico City when I moved here a few months ago. After reading about the recent opening of a Moishe House Mexico City, I contacted the director, Alan Grabinsky to see what it was all about. We met up for coffee in La Condesa, and he took me back to the house to show me around. The three boys who live there are really cool guys and they have lots of fun events weekly. I've been going to Shabbat Dinners, Moishe House parties, movie nights, discussions, etc. This is their BLOG with an October post that sums them up to a T. A few weeks ago Pais and I cooked dinner for Shabbat. We invited two of our friends, and the rest of the guests, as always, were made of an international mixture of random people...friends of friends, Jews from Mexico City, Couch Surfers...

It was delicious.


After Shabbat Dinner, we usually hang out in the living room, light the hookahs, talk, drink, have a good time. This Friday was an especially good time. It was Moy's 27th birthday. I had never met Moy before, but we had a moment...we shared the most delicious loaf of challah (of course after he blew out the 27 candles Alan stuck in it!)






Here is me, Pablo, Anahi, and Alan:


More Moishe House fun to come...
-D



Popular Posts