Mezcla de Cosas.

I am up late tonight. I can't sleep even though I am SO tired. Let me find things to celebrate.

I am getting over the flu, purim is this weekend which means I get to dress up AND bake my friends hamantaschen, and tonight I had my first productive night in the studio in a long time.

Speaking of studio, check out this painting my dear friend Oriana made of me. She asked me to set up a still life kind of scene at shoot a self portrait (posted underneath painting), from which she made this painting:






Also, I've been wanting to post some painters on here that are incredible and that I love. I'm going to do this more often- share the artists that I am always looking at.

Eric Sall










Tambien, I found a really beautiful quote in my old sketch book (which I re-viewed cover to cover today while sitting in a taxi cab) by Amy Sillman, another painter whose work I really love.

"Art is about negotiating love. It is trying to get love and trying to hold onto it. Art is my shadow, my companion." -Amy Sillman

More Sharing time.

I have to make a tiny homage to my boys. They are my closest friends in Mexico and they make my life here everything it is. DF would not be the same without these two, and I love them both
truly
madly
deeply.


Random, but check out this cake!



GAPKA is making Neon Oil Paint and it is incredible. Images online don't do it justice, but in the photo on the flyer, which is taken outside, you can kind of see how the florescents look on white paper. So far all the people who have ordered them are blown away by their intensity and electricity. I am obsessed with them! Check out these color swatches.

Fire Orange

Neon Orange

Neon Yellow

Neon Green
Neon Pink

CLICK TO MAKE ME BIGGER!!


To order neons, email contact@gapkaoilpaint.com. The neons will be on the www.gapkaoilpaint.com website next week.


Also, I wanted to include these old photos I found on facebook. Aren't they incredible? I love old photos. You know these moments were real, but they look so dead and disappeared. Plus the colors are awesome.



I wonder what this photograph will look like in 40 years:

day BBQ turned dinner. turned wine, cubas and tequila. turned improvisational band jam, salsa dancing y some great late night conversation.

Well, I'll always remember it as the good times on my roof, hosting dinners and BBQs in the beautiful Mexico City, though more importantly, with these beautiful people I am so lucky to be surrounded by.



Good night Good night Good night,
Dani H.

Popular Posts