This painting is of the walkway outside of my art building. I took a picture of it from a weird angle so thats what it looks deformed. I remember working on this painting- it was a beautiful day outside and I was so frustrated because I didn't know what colors to use or where to start and then I had some great direction from the T.A. and my professor. I just kind of painted and didn't analyze and I really enjoyed it. Also, when my sister came to visit me at school a week earlier, she wanted to paint, so I gave her a blank canvas and she painted this thing with pink in it. Sorry Jen, I love you, but you instructed me to destroy it, so I painted over it. But, if you look at the rocks in the image (if you can tell where they are, since it is slightly abstract), you will see a chunk of pink shining through, and that is my favorite part of the painting.

Popular Posts