Mexico City.

It has been a very long time since I've updated. A lot has happened. April 27th, I found out that I was selected as one of the three Mortimer-Hays Brandeis Traveling Fellowship recipients. This grant provides $19,000 for one year of travel outside of the U.S. to complete a proposed project in the Visual Arts. The other two recipients are Hanna Baumann (Colombia '08) and Kyle Myer (CUNY '09). Here is a brief description of our projects... So- I am in Mexico City, working with GAPKA Oil Paints, setting up my painting world and THIS is what I'm doing. Time is moving fast and things are moving slowly. My spanish is improving daily and I am meeting some really incredible people. More about now, later. First, lets catch up on the last few months.

I remember the day I was notified about Mortimer-Hays so clearly- it was the same day that I gave my thesis presentation about my work and I couldn't stop smiling. Two days later was our senior show opening, which also went really well. I was proud of the body of work I made, excited for the future, and nervous of what was to come (in a good way).

Here are a few photos of the opening:

Joe Wardwell, my senior studio painting professor, Ian Boyd, and Sean Downey




Me and boyfriend Yoav Nudell



My roommate Ariella Lis and two great friends, Yoav and Yonit Bousany



Two good painting friends throughout the few years at Brandeis, Sam Mell & Hannah Chalew



SOME OF MY WORK FROM THE SHOW:


Bike Love, 2009, Oil on Canvas



Berlin Santa Baby, 2009, Oil on Canvas





Shirt, 2009, Oil on Canvas




Missionary Letters, 2009, Oil on Canvas






Baby, 2009, Oil on Board
This piece was in the 12X12X100 Benefit Show at Chautauqua Institution




Honey Comb Bubble Popper, 2009, Oil on Canvas





Cupcake Cake, 2009, Multimedia
I made this piece for the Leonard Berstein Festival of the Creative Arts as part of my "Party" project.
Detail Below:









So those were all the pieces in the show. A few weeks after the show, I graduated!!! BA in Studio Art, Summa Cum Laude from Brandeis University. So happy, I loved my experience there. What a special school. Anything I can give back in the future, I will.

Big Dinner Graduation, thank you all for sharing such a fun time with me!!




My amazing Aunt Linda came for graduation, without whom I probably wouldn't have gone to Brandeis:




adopted Aunt & Uncle Alan & Linda, who have done so much for me over my 4 years at Brandeis, and who are beautiful and amazing people!! I love yoU!!




Dad and Sister Jen




My gorgeous Grandpa Rubin



My great friend Jenna from high school came from Utah


After graduation, I had lots of little adventures. I took a painting break and I traveled, far and near. I saw art, nature, people, I ate delicious food, and I had a great time with friends, family and boyfriend. See post below for details. All of this led up to where I am now, sitting in my bed in Mexico City, still getting things going in my new life here...

Popular Posts