Post Grad, Pre Mexico

Went sky diving in May.










Spent a few days in Vermont with an amazing group of people, Yoav's great friends from Brandeis and life. Celebrated the graduation of Alex Mithoefer at his beautiful house. We did some spray painting, these are our boards in process.
Double sided might I add.

Did a little hike into the woods, ended up at this stone tower fantasy mini house.


Went to upstate NY to visit beautiful friend Alexander Schoolman.
We spent the day at MassMOCA, and then saw a Blonde Redhead concert there that night. If you haven't been GO!! they have an incredible Anslem Kiefer show, massive paintings, an awesome music venue, and creative gallery spaces.


There was a Sol LeWitt drawing show, incredible.


Went to Cancun.


Spent some time in NYC. Love Tom Sachs. He has these sculptures on 53rd (i think). I had never seen them before, but as soon as I did, I knew they were his. I had visited his studio downtown with my senior painting class, where he charmingly told us about his space, his art, his life, a few hints about being an artist, etc. He's brilliant, funny and original. As is his art, more importantly. He also had a show at the Rose a few years ago, and I spend many hours in the Foster Gallery with that drill and race track.


Yoav & I also of course visited the MOMA, a little Jackson Action. And went out with some friends.



Did boston stuff before we both moved...i.e. RED SOX GAME!!! So fun.

After all these trips and visits, I had to get ready for my big move to Mexico. So, before I left for Mexico City, I spent about 2 months in Guatemala at an intensive Spanish language school called PLFM.
It is a beautiful school with great teachers. A really interesting learning experience, 4 or 7 hours a day of 1 on 1 instruction, and the price is pretty great. You can live with a family, or live in a bed and breakfast, or find your own housing.

Summer is a great time to go because Antigua is fill
ed with tons of tourists, many Europeans, drinking, dancing, hiking, spending time in this tiny little town. I got pretty sick- a bad stomach infection, so that put a damper on my experience. It was also a little unsafe for women to be out past dark, walking down the street, it wasnt the most comfortable place. BUT! I would recommend going with a friend or partner to spend some time together and get really good at Spanish.

This was my house:


This is what Antigua, Guatemala looks like.


A few cool things to do around the area is go see Smouc Champey, one of the world's wonders- natural springs. Gorgeous way to spend the day. As long as you don't mind filling into the back of a 1987 pick up truck with 16 other people, in the rain, under a rainbow, through the green fields, down the side of a mountain for a good hour. Pretty cool. Its about a 8 hour bus ride from Antigua, and all the travel agencies in Antigua have trips.


Another incredible thing I saw was Volcano Pacaya. Its an active volcano that you can climb and at the top there is flowing lava. The hike was about 2 hours up, the sun was setting, it rained a little bit and there was a breathtaking rainbow above the volcano. Pretty indescribable, no?



















After Guatemala, I arrived in Mexico City. YESSSS. (soon: a whole new post for this...)




Popular Posts