Untitled at the moment...

I am currently working on a very large painting, it is appx 7 ft high by 5 ft wide, and it is BIZARRE. I am really enjoying painting it and just letting my emotions guide me. At first I really wanted to do an all blue painting and I also wanted to try a knife palette painting. So, with these initial plans, I started a blue figure with only my knife palette. This figure is representative of a mother-child statue that I used to have in my house growing up. It was actually made of a white stone and it didn't look exactly like this. I gathered some images online to give me an idea of what the statue could look like since the original statue no longer exists. Then, I got out my 4 different blues and worked from my memory, without a physical image. I just painted. and painted. The rest is mostly done with a palette knife, except the naples yellow squares (tile flooring) and the odd abstract colorful shapes in the bottom right portion of the image. There is a lot of emotion, meaning, and symbolism in this painting- and I think it will evolve and evolve (or at least that is what my professor thinks! I thought i'd be finished soon :) Anyways, I would love to hear your opinion. It is not near finished... but I will post a new image when I have made some progress. Again, I posted two photos, one cropped to the edges and one from further away so you can get kind of get a sense of its size.

Popular Posts