Everything I Own

 I placed every object that lived in my studio into garbage bags and arranged the bags into a square shape in the middle of the Yale School of Art Pit. In the middle of the Square lays a garment I painted, Black and White Striped dress, with Black and White Striped boots, that I wore during this Performance, for which I stuffed as many bags onto my painting palette - a beautiful table built by Emmy Thealander that I added Wheels to, and taped from bottom to top like a big package. I wheeled this heavy table in a figure eight around two objects in the Pit Space. Object #1 a Plastic Post Office Box used to collect mail that was also in a garbage bag & contained my painted boots, with a slight rip on top so that you could see into it. Object #2 Sculpture Request Line that was Exhibited at Garis & Hahn in New York in July 2015 & is now being stored in my uncle's garage in Buffalo, NY.

Here is a brief Documentation of the performance that was post via Instagram by Marisa Manso:





Popular Posts