Chautauqua in my heart forevaaaa

Um... I love it here. Chautauqua is amazing.

It is a mix of pleasantville + art.

I am in my studio a lot. I have incredible professors. I go to inspiring artist talks. I am surrounded by fellow artists doing interesting things. Fresh air. Open space. Ok, there are challenges. Not only is painting so demanding and difficult, more than anyone can understand, but also, i am with the same people all the time, and I am eating fatty gross dorm cafeteria food, but really, even with all of that STUFF, I can't complain. My time here has been so insanely rewarding.

These are a couple photos of the art quad (note the incredible rainbow, indescribable by photograph, but at least suggestive of its magnificence):



Here is a big painting that I am working on now (I got rid of the rainbow tonight. The whole left side is kind of whited out in its current stage)...


I'll post some more stuff that I work on during my time here. love love love danielle

Popular Posts