In process...

Here are two paintings I am working on now. I am kind of exploring the figure and space. Their relationship, how one might determine the other, how far I can stretch these relationships, change them...

I just started the last painting (3rd image) this week. It obviously has a long way to go and will probably look very different in a few months. The two images above it, the detail and the painting in context, is a painting I started a couple months ago and took a radical turn this week when I pulled it out of the closet! I really like where it is at right now, it think it is doing something really exciting, the space is kind of vibrating, concealing the figure, but still relating to it, it still has that airy quality I am looking for, but I need to push the more under worked areas and maybe this will create sort of a tension between the airy, open, washy spaces with the heavier, painted up areas and objects. I am going to let it sit for a few days, look at it, think about it, and then work back into it.

<3 Danielle


Popular Posts